Re: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer

To: steve.root@culligan4water.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer
From: kb8nnu@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 06:56:24 -0800 (PST)
Steve...The main issue today is most computers are loaded with XP or soon to be
Vista after the first of the year.  I agree about the 98 machines working just
fine for TR and the such, BUT as with the newer machines being built on the
newer NT kernel...timing becomes issue because of the access to the serial
port.  The people with the new PC's are stuck to find a solution like the
winkey or something else like virtual PC.

Windows 98 is great but it had its share of flaws too since that is why MS had
to realease multiple versions of that as well...then they gave up and created
XP.

Dave
KB8NNU