Re: [CQ-Contest] OMG...another post on....ASSISTED? Yes

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] OMG...another post on....ASSISTED? Yes
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:05:44 -0600
In part, Robert Newman, W5OV wrote;

"While it has been asserted that you should decline this information and
ignore it, how can you honestly do that? As I get older, it is getting
easier for me to forget things I have been told (especially in vocal tones
similar to the XYL's), but can I really forget what frequency that elusive
last multiplier is on that I now know about? I would think that "VY1 on
21225" would be re-sounding in my head throughout the balance of the
contest."

Okay, let's split this hair even further.

Take the scenario above that VY1 is on 21225... Let's say your run rate drops
and you decide to switch to S&P and you begin tuning up from the bottom of the
band. Do you jump over 21225? Let's say you tune continuous and he's not on
21225. You keep tuning and find the VY1 moved up to 21230. He probably moved up
a little to avoid some QRM. You work him. So now are you assisted or not?

So when does the random act of kindness expire? And what is the frequency
tolerance that moves you from SO to SOA?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN