Re: [CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness

To: vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 09:20:14 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:28:31 -0000, "Paul J. Piercey"

>Unless he's going to continue to give me
>info throughout the contest, there's no way you can logically contend that
>he is taking actions to influence the competitive environment to my
>exclusive advantage;

One spot from one station given only one time can indeed influence the
outcome of a contest. In the first RTTY contest I ever entered, I won
the 7th district certificate by exactly one multiplier, which I found
on my own by the way. But what if the mult information had been given
to me by someone?

Biving "info throughout the contest" is not required to influence the
outcome, I assure you.

Bill, W6WRT