Re: [CQ-Contest] Another angle on assisted versus "being helped"

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another angle on assisted versus "being helped"
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:20:24 -0000

So, if you happen to overhear someone tell someone else that VY1JA is on
14265 in the last 10 minutes of the contest and you still need that one for
the sweep, you'll shut your rig off because, even though you may have
eventually found him on your own, you now know *exactly* where he is through
a random comment so it wouldn't feel the same as truly getting it on your
own? You still gotta work him. Ever heard some of J's pileups? Are you sure
you'd get through right away... or within 10 minutes?

Regardless of how you found him, you bust the pileup and you've "earned it".

73 -- Paul VO1HE