Re: [CQ-Contest] Shorter Time to Submit Log

To: steve.root@culligan4water.com,Cq-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Shorter Time to Submit Log
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:49:09 -0800 (PST)
Steve,

You took the words right out of my mouth.  Before
clusters showed up, there was no assisted category,
and no one worried if you called a directional CQ or
not.  Lets get back to the obvious-"assisted" means
you looked at the DX cluster during the contest, and
"single op" means you didn't.  Duh!  To read anything
more into that is unnecessary.

And cutting the time limit for log submissions is one
of the worst and most unnecessary ideas I have seen in
a long time.  After all, some of us do have lives
outside of radio to contend with (can't believe I just
said that).

73s John W5TD