Re: [CQ-Contest] An attempt at a foundational understanding[was:Icansee

To: "'Ev Tupis'" <w2ev@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An attempt at a foundational understanding[was:Icansee the difference...]
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:31:44 -0000

Yep, seems to prove my point. If the rules are nothing more than one's own
interpretation of them, and this interpretation has been reinforced by them
having been enforced (or not) in a haphazard manner, do they have meaning?

In my reply noted above, I referred to practices considered acceptible, not
practices that were always unacceptible yet were never enforced. There's a
difference. Referrencing Tom's posting, the 35mph speed limit is the law,
defined and having penalties if broken. It is, however, not up to a new
police officer to determine that 35mph now means 20mph because "I say so".
Going back to radiosport, if something was not against the rules before, it
cannot now be declared against the rules without warning.

73 -- Paul VO1HE