Re: [CQ-Contest] What happens when you spot

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What happens when you spot
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 03:59:59 -0800
From: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>

> So - PLEASE think about the impact of your spots.  Why post the QSX
> frequency IF the station has a pileup?  It is counterproductive.  Put
> your desire to brag that you found the right frequency on the back
> shelf and let the DX station work the pileup the way they want.
>

> If the people can't hear the DX station telling them where to transmit,
> then they probably don't have any shot at working them anyway.

It is useful, however, to indicate in the spot that the DX station is
listening split at least generically. Example

VE2ABC    10109.4 HC8N        QSX UP                 0311 21 Nov 2006

this should in principle decrease the likelihood of over zealous
operators descending on the DX station's QRG and calling blindly.
I think this is especially important if the DX station is both rare and
weak as these factors increase the likelihood of rabid callers clobbering
the DX station's QRG along with obligatory stream of "friendly" advice
("UP LID" "QFU", "IDIOT", "YO MAMMA" etc).