Re: [CQ-Contest] What happens when you spot

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What happens when you spot
From: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:41:30 -0800
Tree, N6TR, wrote:

 > One thing I would do is let people know what frequency I was
 > listening on.
 > This is a "secret" some of the recent DX peditions have been
 > doing.  It is great fun to start sending "37" a few times and
 > see how long it takes for people to start calling me on 10137
 > (for example) - while the people who just keep sending
 > without listening continue calling "up 1".  This rewards
 > those who listen and enables those without the strongest
 > signals to have a shot at working me.

The first couple times I heard you send just "numbers", I thought it was a
malfunction with your logging program, until I decided to listen to the
frequency of one of those *strange* "numbers" :-)

Having been programmed for the usual "UP 5", "UP 10", etc., I did find it a
bit bizarre without an "UP" involved.

FWIW & 73...

Rick, K6VVA