Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving Concentration

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving Concentration
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 03:37:33 +0000
Field Day 1961.

W2AE, Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse.

0100 local time.

My rate was something pitiful like twenty per hour.  K2KIR (now W2RU)
shows up and takes over.

Bud was a bulldog.  Sending dits, sending ?s, dropping our call at
every opportunity.  CQing and S&Ping up and down the band.  Always
trying something different.  Going for it.

Our rate went to fifty an hour and stayed there until Bud had to
leave three hours later.

The lesson.  The Q's were there.  If you get into a rut, you can work
a band out very quickly.  If your rate drops, do something
different.  Be a bulldog.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California