[CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB 160m

To: Contest <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB 160m
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 15:36:02 +0000 (GMT)
Some of you will know I am a contester, although
almost exclusively on CW. I am also a 160m DXer.

I was very disappointed last evening to hear many NAQP
stations operating on SSB at well below 1840kHz, and a
couple below 1830kHz. There is no need for this in a
purely domestic NA contest where we all have access to
the full 200kHz of the band. During several sweeps I
only detected two stations operating above 1900kHz,
and the centre of activity was clearly 1835-1870kHz.

Why?

I understand and accept that during major
international contests the whole of the band will be
used for SSB, but do feel that this contest could, and
should, be operated in accordance with the accepted
band plan.

73 Roger
VE3ZI