Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:36:32 -0800
On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:36:56AM -0500, Richard DiDonna NN3W wrote:
> Hello from Istambul!
>
> After 13 hours of flying and being sick yesterday, I finally got a chance to
> look at some contest-related email.  Wow.
>
> I've received not one, not two, not three, but four emails asking me to
> confirm name and state information from the NAQP.  Obviously what they heard
> in the contest does not match what they're seeing on qrz.com so they're
> "confused".  I'll guess that either 1) I'll delete them or 2) tell them the
> day after the logs are due.

Why not forward those emails to the contest sponsor for adjudication if/when
those logs are submitted?  They are
clearly cheating if they submit their logs.

As someone who almost never uses his own call sign in a contest (because I am
either a guest operator or at a multi-op)
I've never been presented with this opportunity, although I hear about it
happening more and more frequently.  What would
a contest sponsor/log checker do with reports like this?  Would any of them on
the list care to comment?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com