Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY SO2R setup

To: <ukbrown@acsol.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY SO2R setup
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:20:18 -0000
You don't say if you are using fsk or afsk... with n1mm/mmtty I do so2r rtty
with 2 com ports and one sound card using afsk.  Basically you set up 2
instances of mmtty, one for the left channel of the card and one for the
right.  you make a special cable that takes the audio from the left radio
and puts it on the left channel in to the sound card, and the audio from the
right radio to the right channel.  you split the audio output from the sound
card to go to both radios.  I use psk on the mp and put the tx audio in to
the psk jack on the back.

If you are doing fsk through the rigblasters I think you need 4 com ports.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net