Re: [CQ-Contest] contesting in 10 years

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] contesting in 10 years
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:20:31 -0800
 Hi Rick et al

You can do the voice files for contesting, but it takes a lot of twiddling
to get them so sound right.

One good thing about N1MM Logger is that you can hook up your mike to the
input of the sound card and record macro's on the fly.  It gives the best of
both worlds as you can use the mike, or the macro, whichever you need at the
time.  If you work at it you can make the exchange sound pretty natural.

N1MM will voice the serial number and the other stations callsign, but that
REALLY takes a lot of tweaking not to sound like Robby the Robot.  But, I
think as more people start doing it, it will become more common.  Makes
operating a SSB contest just like a CW contest.  73
Tom W7WHY