Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Popularity

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Popularity
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 19:41:54 -0800
Bob, K0RC, wrote:

 > I don't know whether this formatted page will make it through the reflector,
 > but the following is the list of all contests with over 2,000 submitted
logs. I
 > sorted the list from the link provided:
 > http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/scoredb/contest_list.php

Wow...talk about a wake-up call as to really how narrow a niche the
Contesting Community is within Amateur Radio as a whole!

I'll bet many of the log submitters in these various major contests would
be "Dupes" (i.e., they show up in the same events).

If someone were to come up with a condensed list of the actual individual
"unqiue" players (callsigns) from these collective events as a percentage
of the respective event domestic and Internationally licensed operators,
this might be even more insightful as to the future.

Yup, we gotta keep makin' hay and having Contesting Fun while the sun still
shines (and there are still enough players on the gameboard).

Tnx for the enlightening info, Bob.

73...

Rick, K6VVA