Re: [CQ-Contest] Time in the Chair - Let's Not Change What'sNotBroken...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Time in the Chair - Let's Not Change What'sNotBroken...
From: "Mike Reagan" <mreagan@preciscom.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:47:20 -0700
I have read all the posts about contest duration and I support not changing
the 48 hour events...Before I retired I worked on USGOV disaster teams which
responded to manage world wide natural disaster and civil strife
events...Often the first two or three days of an incident left little time
to sleep while we had to make life saving critical decisions..kind of like a
contest but the stakes were higher..the professionals I worked with found
that rest time and short naps were most effective if they occur during your
personal normal sleep period......applied to contesting this might mean not
trying to go the full 48 hours but rather planning your rest period to be
the most effective in refreshing you so that you can be a better op, make
better decisions,   and perhaps increase your score...of course you might
miss that mult that was on during you nap..I suppose one takes a risk...
Mike Reagan
NI7T
Price, Utah
http://www.preciscom.net/ni7t