Re: [CQ-Contest] Going all the way....

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Going all the way....
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:56:10 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Some great comments by a number of top operators on this subject...I don't
consider myself one of them, but I will speak for myself.

I enjoy pushing my limits.  It keeps me feeling younger and energized, whether
in business, contesting, building antennas, or running.  I am 45 and have been
contesting about 10 years...only recently having a competitive station of my
own.  I have done a few DXpedition contests.

I have never done 48...not sure I ever will or want to.  But I have done 45, do
42 - 44 routinely, and plan to do 46 during higher sunspot count activity.  I
really love the push...its a fun part of the contest.

There are 4 hour contests, 10 hour contests, 24 hour contests, and 36 hour
contests as well.  There are also Domestic contests and mixture of DX/Domestic
contests.  Pick the ones that match your QTH advantage, endurance capability
and interest.  Also, pick a single band if you want.  Just pick something and
have fun.

Consider the fact that Contesting and Antenna work could very well be our
fountain of youth....don't be so quick to drop the bar...keep reaching up for
it instead.

Ed  N1UR/NV1N