Re: [CQ-Contest] How Many Hours are we Putting in Now?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How Many Hours are we Putting in Now?
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:45:37 -0500
Nice analysis from Ed, N1UR.  But I am amazed that twelve people are able to
make the Top 40 SOAB HP (W/VE??) with less than 25 hours.  Or 26 people in LP.
Would that mean that the competition is thin; i.e., not all that many people
really competing all-out?  Looking at it another way, only 28 of the Top 40 HP
and 14 (!!) LP put 25 hours or more.

What is the data base?  ARRL DX CW from 2006, or the CY 2007 scores reported
so-far on 3830?  The 2007 scores are, of course, incomplete and unofficial.

73, Art K3KU
Who once did 45 hours on 20 CW from W4BVV and still came in second.
(I think that was a second weekend when the test was still two, and we were in
a close competition with W3AU or N3RS after the first weekend.)