Re: [CQ-Contest] Logic Here

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logic Here
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 23:59:49 -0600
Rick

I asked AA1BU (I think it was), the SAME EXACT question on Saturday night.
Im like, Im not trying to be smart, but if we can transmit on 3600, why are
you cq'ing on 3800 and listening down there?

He gave me 2 explanations:

1.  His TX antenna wasn't cut for down there, that its either at 3500 or
3800, but not in between.  ( Think someone posted this to the reflector).
2.  He said that he didn't want the competition from all the stations in
Europe on 80?  Not sure I follow, since if he were cq'ing there, then the
europeans are going to be cq'ing there also?  Not sure about this one.  I
figured, maybe his pileup (or thought of one) was great enough that he just
plain ole needed to work split.

I thanked him for the time and the answer and moved on newly educated!

Charlie
Ki5xp