Re: [CQ-Contest] Logic Here

To: cfmorris@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logic Here
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:33:37 -0500
At 12:59 AM 3/6/07, Charles Morrison wrote:

>2.  He said that he didn't want the competition from all the stations in
>Europe on 80?  Not sure I follow, since if he were cq'ing there, then the
>europeans are going to be cq'ing there also?  Not sure about this one.

At 3800+ your signal is competing for space with other North
Americans of similar strength.

Below 3800 you have to find and hold a clear spot in the local
European QRM which is potentially much stronger than your signal.

A good question would be what do the VE big-guns do, as they've had
access to that part of the band on SSB for a long time.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK
k1mk@alum.mit.edu