Re: [CQ-Contest] Doug's famous Spot Remover FREE...but wait,there's more

To: dezrat@copper.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Doug's famous Spot Remover FREE...but wait,there's more!
From: n6hc@aol.com
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:31:04 -0500
 I don't know what planet these comments are coming from....but, if someone can
make a mistake typing a suffix, then they can just as easily make a mistake
typing (or copying) the prefix.  Just last night someone posted UP8/LZ1UQ (we
all know that should be VP8/LZ1UQ).  Don't you all remember the 6Y1A fiasco
when there were multiple posts of BY1A?
The bottom line is...COPY THE CALL SIGN IN IT'S ENTIRETY AND PLEASE don't post
it to the cluster until you are sure that the ENTIRE call sign is correct.
Let's give the software developers a break.  If you elect to post to the
cluster, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your postings.  Otherwise, you will develop a
reputation that you may not want to put in your curriculum vitae.  And, as many
responsible lurkers and commentators have previously stated, DON'T CALL ANYONE
UNTIL YOU KNOW WHO you are calling.  Telnet is here to stay...especially at
multi-ops and the occasional operators who are looking for a "new one".  The
genie is out of the bottle; let's use this tool constructively and carefully.
Best regards to all,
Arnie N6HC