Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules - Getting out of hand

To: "'Ev Tupis'" <w2ev@yahoo.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules - Getting out of hand
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:02:51 -0000

Sorry, Ev, I don't understand what this has to do with the discussion?
Obviously, at the very least, these remote stations, or any station for that
matter, would have to be set up in accordance with local laws and
provisions.

My point is that when I make contact with a station, even in a contest, it's
the operator that I am working, not the equipment. Isn't it the operator who
is licenced; not the equipment? When you call someone on the phone, it is
ultimately the person on the other end that matters, not the myriad of
switching equipment and relays that the signal has gone through to get there
and where that is located. When I send an e-mail to my neighbour on another
ISP, it goes through the network to Montreal and back. Should I consider him
to be in Montreal?

73 -- Paul VO1HE