Re: [CQ-Contest] W3NQN Bandpass Filters (Was:Re:419bandpassfilters..

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W3NQN Bandpass Filters (Was:Re:419bandpassfilters..
From: "Marijan Miletic', S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:07:47 +0200
Jukka, don't fight physics much with harmonics suppression!  Just protect
your RX.
Recently noted K1NQ approach at YCCC pages with W3LPL RX filters only.
I used the same with 6 BPF sharing two strings of  6 DPDT relays for SO2R.
Inserting them between Icom or FT-1000 RX IN - RX OUT ports is easy.

I like your budget contesting with ICE but two towers and 2 x 3 stacked
Yagis :-)
I guess aluminum is cheap in OH as I saw so much of it amongst the lakes.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU