Re: [CQ-Contest] Best A prefixes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Best A prefixes
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 07:24:19 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 7 May 2007 15:54:49 -0700 (PDT), John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>
 wrote:

>In terms of ease of sending and being copied (on CW)
>and overall ease of being understood correctly, what
>have people found to be the best "A" prefixes (like
>AA, AB, AF, etc)?  Any ideas which are best for
>contesting and DXing?
>
>73s John W5TD

Speaking as one who is not the greatest CW copier, the easy ones for
me are either short such as AE, or which repeat such as AA. Avoid the
letter B - in QRM/QRN it's too easy to mistake for a 6.

When I lived in 7-land, my call was W7TI, a very good one for CW, IMO.
When I moved to 6-land, my initials were available so I went with that
but I did give up a lot of CW readability. Can't have it all. :-)

Bill W6WRT