[CQ-Contest] N6HR - SK

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting. com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>,<sccc@contesting.com>, "Nccc@Contesting. Com" <nccc@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] N6HR - SK
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 12:45:44 -0700
It is with great sadness that I report the passing of our dear friend,
Hillar Raamat, N6HR (ex - K2ALE, WA6HRS, ZD8HR, etc).

Hil passed away Sunday morning, shortly after operating the 7 QSO party with
his wife Elsie.  He was 74 years young.

Hil was originally from Estonia, immigrated to the USA after WW2, and became
a very successful engineer in the defense business, and a real estate
entrepreneur.

He made many operations from DX places like Marshall Islands, Ascension
Island, and he was found active in many contests over the years. He was a
member of the Northern California DX Club, Northern California Contest Club,
and undoubtedly others.  A gentle giant of a man, you could always count on
Hillar to put a smile on the faces of whomever he met.

He will be sorely missed.

Elsie said, per his wishes, there will be no services.

RIP, Hillar

Jim Neiger    N6TJ