Re: [CQ-Contest] technical challenge

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] technical challenge
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:21:02 -0000
I think what he meant was that you don't have to wait for some extended
period of time to see the score published. You know as soon as it is
tabulated. 3830 gave you the results of a few when they got on that
frequency to read them out. Only a few do that now from what I've heard. The
3830 reflector does it in a little longer period of time but Gerry W1VE's
site gives it to you almost instantly. Like a leader board in golf or the
Tower at Indy.

This is the second contest I've used it and I find it quite inspiring to see
someone's score and aim to beat it. Makes you sit in the chair just a little
longer. Loads of fun.

I did notice that there were a few stations showing a disproportionate
amount of mults per QSO... 3:1 in some respects. Other than that, it is a
good indicator of how you're doing. I'd like to see it more wide-spread and,
with time, I guess it will be.

Of course, there are always those who never want to 'tip their hand' to the
competition.

73 -- Paul VO1HE