Re: [CQ-Contest] tech challenge - SAY WHAT?

To: "'Randy Thompson'" <k5zd@charter.net>,"'Gerry Hull'" <gerry.hull@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] tech challenge - SAY WHAT?
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:59:15 -0600
I would agree that there is value in the information.  I think the point of
the scoreboard is to make the competition better which some may not want.

Logs are guarded or protected better than race car modifications.  Are there
any other competitions where you are not allowed to view what happened after
the event?

Is there enough value in that information to really help a competitor
especially if that information is 10, 15, 20 , 30 , 60 minutes old?

One possible solution would be that Single Op entrants could not see other
Single Op scores or they would be delayed or the top 20 or 30 would be
masked.  Obviously a friend could report to the single op via IM or text
message, email or whatever.

Alternatively, the score could be reported nearly live and at the end of the
contest the breakdowns would be immediately available?

Mike W0MU