Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:09:21 -0400
While we are on cut numbers, I'd (again) like to plead for hams to stop
sending "J" for "1."  That is fairly common among second tier European
contesters.  Some even have their computers set to send "J" for "1."  If
you must send a letter as a cut number for "1," please use the letter
"A."  When you use "J," I can only guess whether you meant "1" or if I
lost a dot from the number "2" in  your number.  So, I MUST ask for a
repeat of your number to see if I did in fact miss the dot or if you are
a LID.  Ouch!  That was way out of character for me and I apologize.
Please, don't take it personally--just take action!  73, John, K4BAI.