Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest CQ format?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest CQ format?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:17:55 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 06:52:42 -0400, Bill Tippett
<btippett@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>     17280 CQs for 1000 QSOs?  20/hour = real excitement!
>If I were only getting 1 response for every 17 CQs, I hope
>I would figure out something to do besides blindly CQ-ing...
>such as doing all S&P where I can normally do 60-70 per hour.
>This is a good example of the fallacious thinking I referred
>to previously.  Hmmm...if I just crank up my keyer to 60 WPM
>I can send 34560 CQs and make even fewer QSOs.  ;-)
>
>                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

Lighten up, Bill. This is just an example and there is nothing
fallacious about it. Put in any number of CQs and QSOs you like, the
principle still stands. Save a half second on each CQ (or S&P
response) and the total time saved will be substantial. Do the math.

Bill W6WRT