Re: [CQ-Contest] New Radios

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Radios
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 00:43:17 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Tom (et al),

If you have a lot of guest ops, maybe you made a reasonable choice, although I
do note
that there are still lots of "knobs" to find, remember where they are, and use
on the 2000.

For most single (non-guest) ops, the vast majority of functions are present on
the front
panel of the K3; I mean, how often will one adjust the sidetone pitch or the cw
rise time
(which are on menus)?

Once you start contesting, it's all right there for you (K3) and not via a
menu.  I think that if
one wants to twiddle too many dials during a contest, well, maybe they are more
into DXing
than winning a contest.  LOL  (monoband entries possibly exempted, esp low
bands).

If you measure your logic again in, say, 3 years, the results may change
because by then, I
suspect that most contesters will be using the K3 (ie, no learning curve cuz
it's already the
radio they know).

How's that for a bold prediction?

de Doug KR2Q