Re: [CQ-Contest] Ic 706 Mark 11 and Writelog for NAQP CW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ic 706 Mark 11 and Writelog for NAQP CW
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:32:57 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:46:19 -0400, "Larry Schimelpfenig"
<larryk7sv@comcast.net> wrote:

>>Smooth CW is essentially impossible from software to I/O port due to the
>>CPU constantly interrupting the CW stream to service interrupt calls.
>
>Guess I just don't notice the lousy cw generated by Win Test or Writelog
>running under XP! Hope no-one else notices it....
>
>73 de Larry K7SV

It does help a lot if you use msconfig.exe to disable all
non-essential programs and services. It's the multitasking that causes
the choppy CW. Get rid of as much of that as you can and it might be
satisfactory.

Having said that however, I still think WinKey is the best way to go.

Bill W6WRT