Re: [CQ-Contest] Pre-emptive QSLing - was:Contesters and LOTW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Pre-emptive QSLing - was:Contesters and LOTW
From: "Steve Harrisonusa" <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:18:22 -0400 (EDT)
Not to change the subject TOO much; but this really got to me:

>The technology to do this has been available for years. Sometimes
>I just don't understand why the Amateur Radio Community often
>continues operating in the dark ages of communications (like
>using email "Reflectors" when "Forum Boards" are so much more
>efficient and organizationally useful).

Personally, I positively, absolutely HATE "forums". I belong to as few as
possible and hardly ever frequent the few to which I belong. As far as I'm
concerned, html e-mail and "forums" are the two largest bandwidth-wasters
around. Plain-text e-mail and plain-text e-mail reflectors, OTOH, are
efficient, consume little bandwidth, make it really easy to archive
information of interest, and do the job of commuicating with others very
admirably without tossing in all kinds of endless bells and whistles for
which I never asked and have little or no use.

Steve "Dinosaur" K0XP