Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 56, Issue 16

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, dpatton@arrl.org
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 56, Issue 16
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:43:09 -0400
And let's not forget the District of Columbia, which isn't off-shore,
but often has more active hams in contests than either Dakota.

OOPS... I forgot... DC operators can't give DC as their location in the
NAQPs, so a QSO with a DC station doesn't count as a mult. You'd never
know if we're active.

Which makes me wonder... if I say I'm in Maryland, am I violating FCC
Regulations by falsly stating where I am transmitting from?
Any legal ramifications? Fraud? Perjury?

Hmmm...

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC