Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R In the Sprints

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R In the Sprints
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:48:45 -0700
On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 08:09:57PM -0400, Ed Sawyer wrote:

> In my opinion, the CQ answer always gets the priority over working someone
> on the S & P radio.  You can never be sure that you ever will work the
> answerer again because he may never be CQing (even in Sprint) and he may
> never find you again.  The CQer will likely CQ again and you have a good to
> excellent chance of working him a few minutes later.

I would agree with you for every contest except the sprint.
Since any CQ you answer on the CQ radio will be gone after
one QSO it sort of makes both radios just like your CQ radio
in another contest. It makes deciding which one to abandon
a bit harder to choose.  Usually the one that is the new
mult or the one that you can make a quicker contact with.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net