Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the CW Sprint

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the CW Sprint
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 19:45:56 -0600
Tree,
  You problably all already there, if I read in between the lines in your post,
is what I've felt for quite a while: put more of the thinking, planning and
stratagy back into the efforts, rather than brute force. Fewer radios, yes,
fewer band changes, yes, and a qsy rule that eliminates altogether the camping
out on a freq. Now you have pitted man agin man, and hardware, while important,
is not the end all, so the 6 million dollar station, may not have the hands
down win every contest. And the playing field, while it isn't ever going to be
level, is a bit more realistic as to: If I know my
station/antennas/capabilities in this particular time of day, and how figure
the stratagy to work the most mults in the most productive manner, then a
competitive comparison can be had, between stations both locally and
regionally, and yes, even nationally. And I will step out on the limb...
knawwed on and all, even the big stations won't like it... because they likely
feel a challange that would be difficult to compete with in the manner that
they have become accustomed.--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy> > I do find myself at
times feeling like we should put a limit on band > changes in the sprint and do
away with this two radio stuff. However,> I don't think enough of the other top
ops feel the same way.> > 73 Tree N6TR> tree@kkn.net