Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions

To: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:52:35 -0000
Clive wrote:

> So what the iambic operator doesn't seem to have is
> redundancy, because he took a short cut to sending CW by a
> method which imo has little to no value, but clearly has a
> demerit.

We'll have to disagree about the "little or no value".  I spent a good part
of my life using Morse to make a living (I'm a Master Chief Radioman, US
Navy, Retired) and can send Morse with any implement you wish to name and
some you probably wouldn't even recognize.

Having said that, my current "weapon of choice" is a British Kent
double-paddle used with an iambic electronic keyer.

Please show me the "demerit".  Good luck on this one now!

Read about real radiomen at my website, under "Old Navy".

73, de Hans, K0HB