Re: [CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status

To: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:17:17 -0800
On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 11:07:59AM -0500, Hank Greeb wrote:
>                                          hardly anyone would have
> thought to operate SO2R in the 50's when I got my license, and computer
> logging, sending, tracking of antennae, etc., are no different that
> using a spotting network.

I completely disagree.  They are _very_ different.  A spotting network is
someone else helping you operate.  Yes, the technology of stations and radios
is going to change over time, and the operators that can drive their high
tech stations the best have a learned skills advantage, but it's theirs
alone.  Letting someone else operate on your behalf is an entirely different
thing.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com