Re: [CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:21:17 -0800 (PST)
*chuckles*

That strategy only works if you AND the other player
are assisted (Or multi or maybe SO2R) AND you need the
multiplier ;o)

Of course, the other cruel and nasty thing one could
do is alternate "good" spots with "bad" spots. Which
would create all sorts of pandemonium. *muhahahaha*

I like the self spotting feature of N1MM. If I can't
work someone when I do a multiplier sweep, it's easy
to bop back to the frequency a bit later...

Tally ho!

Julius
n2wn

--- Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> On 11/7/2007 7:15 AM, Julius Fazekas wrote:
>
> > Ummm, what's the point of a contest, if not to
> > compete?
> >
> > A major part of the enjoyment is finding stuff on
> your
> > own...
>
> Yes, finding it on your own, especially before
> anyone else does, gives
> you a distinct advantage over your rivals, assuming
> you weren't tuning
> around at the expense of a better operating
> strategy.  After working it,
> spot it.  Your rivals will all rush to the spot,
> leaving you to tune
> around on a quieter band, looking for the next new
> multiplier, while
> they all waste valuable time QRMing each other in
> the ensuing pileup.
>
> Seems like a win-win to me!
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C
>
> --