Re: [CQ-Contest] CK in ARRL SS

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, <rneece@bwsm.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CK in ARRL SS
From: <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:28:10 -0600
> My intent is to tie the CK to the callsign used in the contest, not to
> the operator(s) who may be using that callsign.  Maybe this wording is
> closer to my intent:
>
> CK represents the last two digits of the year that the station whose
> callsign is being used in the contest was first licensed.

I propose we accept the opinion of the ONLY ENTITY THAT MATTERS
HERE, and that is the contest sponsor. It's their contest, they get to
interpret the rules, and explain them to us, as they see fit:

The explanation from the League last year is essentially in line with what
Bob, W5OV, said: choose two digits. Use the last two digits of the year you
were licensed if you choose. Use the SAME digits the entire contest. Log
those digits. Aside from that, DON'T SWEAT IT.

This is not in any way a sign of moral decay, as some would assert. The
rule, clearly, is not clear, in some cases (multiops, school stations, guest
ops, etc.). The writer of that rule was asked for clarification, which we
received. Can we not live with the explanation we received?

73, kelly
ve4xt