[CQ-Contest] NEW CATEGORY? CQWW Challenge - SO1R

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NEW CATEGORY? CQWW Challenge - SO1R
From: "Jon Kimball, KL2A" <kl2a@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:43:18 -0800 (PST)
CALLING ALL SO1R CONTESTERS!

SO2R and SO1R are not the same.  Therefore I am offering a
certificate for the top 10 scores in SO1R.

This is SINGLE OP, ALL BAND, 1 RADIO, HIGH POWER, NO PACKET.

The History:

I traveled to the middle east set to do SO2R, then realized suddenly
I didn't have all the filtering needed to make it work properly.  I
finally got it!  Now I know exactly what many of the competitive SO1R
guys feel in this situation having to compete with 1 leg tied up.

At the largest station in the region, automated and ready for battle
I scratch my head realizing there is no separate category to compete
SO1R.

Therefore, in order to offer a fair competition, I would like to
challenge all other SO1R, all band, high power contesters around the
world.  I will personally send out certificates to the Top 10 SO1R HP
guys.

The hope is that someday soon the results will display a distinction
between the very different classes, within a class.

Start your engines!

73 and Good Luck KL2A/9K2HN
9K2HN Live Contest Audio broadcasting SO1R at
http://attenuate.org:8000 , entire contest.