Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??

To: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>,"'J. Allen'" <vy1ja@northwestel.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:36:21 +0000
I think Randy's comments are right on the mark.
I'd also like to add that the second radio isn't very useful unless you have
another open band to use it on. That may not make sense to guys in the South,
but up here it's not unusual to have only one band with reasonable propagation
and that's it. More commonly you can't CQ successfully on any band, so now
you're trying to S&P with two radios at the same time. That's a lot harder (at
least for me) than the more typical arrangement where one radio is for running
and the other is for S&P.
Man do we need sunspots or what?
73 Steve K0SR