Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:22:22 -0500
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:13 PM

Single op is single op.  The different factors are if you are running a lot of
power or a little or if you've gotten spotted assistance or not.

Oh wait.  Nevermind.  Lets adopt your viewpoint, but in order to do so we need
to ensure that skill levels are truly matched to skill levels.  Thus, the
following should be adpoted:

New categories:  Single op, with no-tune linear.  Single op with manual tune
linear.  Single op with Armstrong rotated yagi.  Single op with mechanically
rotated yagi.  Single op with automatic antenna tuner.  Single op with manually
tuned antenna tuner.  Single op with radio having two totally separate VFOs
(e.g., FT-1000).  Single op with radio having only a split button (e.g.,
TS-930).

</sarcasm>

The absurdity is clear.

73 Rich NN3W