[CQ-Contest] Calling The Kettle Black

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Calling The Kettle Black
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:58:59 -0500
This discussion has been passionate, if nothing else.

What I find so fascinating is the apparent timidity of the so called contesting
"Big Guns", most of whom have been silent.

Early on in this thread, N6TJ said that everyone knows who the cheaters are. I
can only assume he does. too.
So why didn't he call him (them?) them out? Timidity? I don't think Jim's the
timid type, yet he has yet to "walk the walk".

When. later on, Jim posted the comment "I just received a phone call from
Finland, from one of the world's top operators,
expressing his concern...". My reaction to his posting is to ask why "one of
the world's top operators" cannot speak
publicly on this issue, name names and produce the evidence?  Is that person
afraid of something we should know about?

Why is it that only ES5TV is willing to name names and post the evidence?

And why is it that apparently none of those expressing concern with what one
might assume is rampant cheating, protested
to the contest sponsors?  That's one path of action that hasn't been mentioned
in this most recent discussion of the subject.

Like everyone else here on CQ-Contest, I'll suspect I'll keep listening until
this year's thread on cheating dies down. My only
request is that there be come evidence we can chew on, not merely accusations
-- which may be true -- backed up only by emotion.

Happy Holidays!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC