[CQ-Contest] cheating with packet

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:39:50 -0800 (PST)
Hank, during ARRL 160 I was idly thinking about that... I ran a frequency 95%
of the time with an occasional pass up the band, but Saturday evening I saw I
needed 4 more sections so I used the 2nd receiver to go looking for them...
Found 2 of the missing sections and did just what you did - marked them on the
band map and then when I was ready I would jump off to them for a quick call,
then back to CQ'ing enough to hold my frequency, until I worked them...
  Afterwards as I kept CQ into an increasingly dead band I was musing how the
cross checking software could tell that from sneaking onto packet...  If there
is a consistent pattern throughout the test of jumping to a frequency for a
multiplier then jumping way up the band for another, etc. the software can see
the pattern... But I don't see anyway on my few multipliers I did that way, to
tell my personal S&P efforts from using the DX Cluster...

  My puny efforts won't put me into their intensive cross checking pool, so I
likely will never find out...

denny / k8do