Re: [CQ-Contest] Simple solution to address CQ WW CW problems

To: "'Scott Robbins'" <w4pa@yahoo.com>, <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Simple solution to address CQ WW CW problems
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:46:29 -0500

> Really?  It was such a bad, non-viable idea that the
> WRTC-2006 in Brazil implemented it as a rule requirement.

So what?  WRTC is a limited event with a limited number of
competing stations.  To require everyone who HOPES he might
have a chance to win to record all 48 hours or to DENY anyone
who might be lucky enough to surpass his own expectations
and actually WIN the "title" because he didn't record all
48 hours (or heaven forbid, had a recording failure) is
asinine.

Contest sponsors and log checkers can properly review the logs
of the top stations without either recordings or making the
logs public.  If they can't they might as well cancel the
whole contest because they don't have any business sponsoring
the event.

> Most everyone's log is public already, and this has been
> hailed as a Good Thing(tm) for radio contesting.  I think
> public logs are a great idea.  There are tons of them posted
> on the CQ WW site right now.

Public logs area bad thing and I'd like to see the DXCC program
enforce their rules and revoke credit for QSOs in those logs.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV