Re: [CQ-Contest] Recording your CQ WW CW contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Recording your CQ WW CW contest
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:42:07 +0000
The point is, I didn't expect to win anything!  So should we disappoint a
new or casual op who happens to sit in the chair long enough to win
something by disqualifying him for not making an audio recording?  I see
that as a big turnoff for attracting new contesters, you are requiring a
commitment in advance, just like you would be if you required an on-site
judge, or registering before starting operating... those are not things that
someone turning on the radio and operating for fun would like to hear when
he finds out he was dq'ed.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net