[CQ-Contest] Recording the contest - try thinking beyond YOU

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Recording the contest - try thinking beyond YOU
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:24:00 +0000 (GMT)
1.  As far as I am aware, no contest sponsor has yet to request that you record
the contest.

2.  Self-recordings by those intent on cheating are worthless.  With today's
technology, one
can modify anything "recorded" without leaving a trace.

3.  Perhaps YOUR self-recorded HONEST effort could be used to validate what the
CHEATERS
say happened.  Or maybe the concept of corroborative EVIDENCE never entered you
mind?

4.  Some have demonstrated here that they can think like a contest
sponsor/log-checker.  If
you are HONEST, try thinking along the lines of HOW DO WE CATCH THE CHEATERS.
Then,
maybe, you will have a different perspective.

Think about: Defend the sport, not yourself.

I hate to hearken back to the (good or bad) old days, but I like the concept of
TRUST BUT VERIFY

de Doug KR2Q

Usual Disclaimer:  The thoughts expressed above are my own and do not
necessarily reflect
the opinions, thoughts, or views of any contest sponsor with which I may be
associated.