Re: [CQ-Contest] Recording your CQ WW CW contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Recording your CQ WW CW contest
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 08:22:01 -0500
Sorry, Pete, I'm going to have to take the other side on this one.  I don't
like the implications of
requiring a recording with your entry. I'm certainly not against recording a
contest, indeed it can
prove a useful and valuable tool for self-improvement.

But, contesting is an aspect of our hobby that relies on the personal integrity
of each of us.  Yes,
there are those who will cheat, some will even get away with it.  I have to
believe that most of us
do play by the rules.  Are we going to let a very few force the rest of us into
a situation where we
become suspicious of every top scorer?  Isn't that a victory in itself for the
cheaters?

Merry Christmas, everyone.  Thanks for all the QSO's this year!

73, Ted W4NZ