Re: [CQ-Contest] Recording your CQ WW CW contest

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Recording your CQ WW CW contest
From: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:48:41 -0800 (PST)
--- "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com> wrote:
> I don't have an axe to grind with contest adjudication by CQWW -
> I have an axe to grind with their unnecessary and cavalier
> release of logs in the face of DXCC policy that prohibits the
> publication of complete logs.
>
> It is senseless, stupid, and self-defeating to force participants
> to chose between submitting a log in the contest or protecting
> their status with DXCC.  It is senseless, stupid and self-defeating
> to adopt a policy that means casual operators may not be able to
> use the QSOs the work in a contest for DXCC awards.

Sounds like DXCC has the problem, not CQ WW.  Since I do not participate in the
DXCC program I don't concern myself with what happens with my logs after they
are submitted to the contest sponsors vis-a-vis DXCC credit.

DXCC needs to change their policy on what is acceptable for country credit,
apparently, as CQ WW is the contest that has the most participation from the
most rare counters on a year by year basis.

CQ WW should proceed on whatever path they believe is right for the fairest
adjudication of logs and not consider what DXCC rules are.  It's their contest,
not the ARRL's.

I think we're going to just have to agree to disagree on this point.

Scott W4PA

W4PA Contest Blog - http://w4pa.journalspace.com
What Is Radio Contesting? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contesting