[CQ-Contest] Power consumption question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Power consumption question
From: "Tony Rogozinski" <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:38:50 -0500
The 220 Volt lines here in Bogota only supply about 207/208 volts which
is not sufficient to power up an Alpha amp.  (question asked previously
how to correct this problem)  I have found  a 5000 watt Voltage Converter
Stabilizer at a good price and am wondering if this unit would be
sufficiently
large for two Alpha's  at the same time.  Seems like each would draw maybe
7-9 amps if my math is correct and this unit would handle at least 20 amps?

It's been about 30 years since I studied electronics and have forgotten
nearly
everything I ever knew!

Any response appreciated.

                       Tony Rogozinski