Re: [CQ-Contest] K-3 Info

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K-3 Info
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 02:31:47 +0100
W4ZV: Now Mario has another American company to make
sarcastic comments about.  Unfortunately only American
companies (Ten-Tec, Elecraft and Flex-Radio) have yet
figured out how to listen to and respond to customers!

Once upon a time there was a great USA radio company Collins!
Kachina also had an interesting product with short lifespan.
We had for a while Patcomm radios with direct PC keyboard interface.

K5SDR Flex-1000 was his first radio and he learns about SDR desensing.
Flex-5000 now has 11 poles input circuits but still no RF AGC.
Collins used to make simple AGC with two paralel PIN at the antenna.
FT1K moved it after RX BPF.  SDR is dead when ADC overflows...

OC Bill, W4Zv wrote me recently, that I'd be happy with Hilberling only.
But I like Americans much more than Germans :-)  I use TH6DXX and 402BA.

MX & HNY & 73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU